Monday, January 11, 2010

Flax Seed Grinding Comparison

I put 1/4 cup of whole flax seed in the magic bullet and then ran it for approx. 20 secs. I then did the same thing with my small coffee grinder. Here's the results:


Magic Bullet grind for 20 seconds





Coffee grind for 20 seconds




Blade used in the Magic Bullet




Conclusion: The Magic Bullet grinds the flax seed in a very similar way to the coffee grinder. It is more than adequate. One would probably grind for around 30 seconds just the flax seed. Then add in the other ingredients. I haven't tried it, but the grinding worked fine.

2 comments:

Brian Hanks said...

That's weird - I just ground flaxseed in the magic bullet for the first time two days ago. Weird coincidence.

Nick said...

When did you get a magic bullet? I've always wanted one but I'm not sure I'd actually use it.