Wednesday, July 4, 2007

4th of July yard work

Got up early to bust some sod on the east side of the house in the back yard. I used a mattock and got the edges where the sod cutter wasn't able to cut. Then I picked up piles of sod and dumped them in the trailor. I managed to get most of it done except the west side yard. Todd came over and together we finished the side yard. We also moved about 3 cubic yards of medium bark into existing flower beds. It seems like one has to done that every 3-4 years. This was done by 2 pm and it was getting pretty hot outside. Todd helped me cut some 4 x 8 sheets of 1/4 inch plywood for Grandpa Rasmussen's shed. He then took them over. I dug out some existing rainbirds that won't be needed anymore and plugged them. I then drew on graph paper the yard so that I can plan out the sprinklers.

Later in the evening, we went over to Becky's parents and had hamburgers and fixings. We played some games and talked.

No comments: