Sunday, August 26, 2007
Sprinkler Update
I worked hard on getting the sprinklers done this past week. As of today, I have the main line with its four hose bibs are working and turned on. This makes it much easier to hand water the garden areas. I also got the two front grass circuits connected. Here are some pictures:
1) This is in the garage where the car is supposed to be. Instead, my 4x8 cutting table is full of various sprinkler parts. Despite all the stuff, I still had to make several trips to the store.
2) I hooked up to the city water via the existing buried 1 1/4" line - bottom of this picture. The other two circuits that are hooked up are the grass front side yard and grass front yard. The two pipes not connected are garden spray circuits. Since I'm going to drip irrigation, I'm abandoning these circuits.
3) Trenches, trenches everywhere. It is hard to walk without some of the dirt filling in. I must admit that I'm getting somewhat tired of physically working so hard - day after day after day.
4) This is one of the drains. I found some cheap buckets at Lowe's. I drilled lots of hole in its bottom and sides and then filled it up with gravel. You can also see the gray conduit which contains the sprinkler 24V control wires. I have been using clamps like crazy since I double clamp all connections. For a tee, I have used 6 clamps.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment